Goldberry LLC

Goldberry LLC

Espreso TV is a Ukrainian Information television channel. It started broadcasting during Euromaidan in 2013 solely via satellite without a license, which later caused procedural problems for it in acquiring one. Those problems were resolved by the end of 2014, when the channel was granted a license for digital broadcasting. “Goldberry” LLC belongs solely to “Astra Finance” company which in turn belongs to “Novyny-TV” (“News-TV”) LLC (70%) and Larysa Knyazhytska (30%), wife of Mykola Knyazhytsky, Member of the Parliament of Ukraine of 7th and 8th convocations (2012-2014 and 2014-2019). However, 99% of “Novyny-TV” (“News-TV”) belongs to Larysa Knyajitska as well, while 1% belongs to Vadym Denysenko, Member of the Parliament, from “Petro Poroshenko Bloc”. Though, the shareholding structure illustrates that in 2014 Vadym Denysenko passed his 1% to the “Moris Ukraine “Law Company”, LLC. Therefore, 99% of Espreso TV belongs to Larysa Knyazhytska, the wife of Mykola Knyazhytsky.

Key facts

Business Form

private

Legal Form

Limited Liability Company

Business Sectors

Broadcasting; # production; # distribution; # financial services, # advertising

Ownership

Individual Owner

Larysa Knyazhytska

Larysa Knyazhytska is the wife of Mykola Knyazhytsky, Member of the Parliament of Ukraine of 7th and 8th convocations (2012-2014 and 2014-2019).
He is a former owner of media outlets such as TV channels - Tonis, STB, UT-1 and “Gazeta-24” (“Newspaper-24”). He was a member of State Committee for Television and Radio Broadcasting. Since November 27, 2014 he is a Member of the Ukrainian Parliament. He was elected in a nation-wide multi-mandate constituency from “Narodny front” (“People’s front”) party. In 2008 Mykola Knyazhytsky together with a group of coworkers, that left their jobs at “Mediadim”, a distribution company, created a new project – Tbi (TVi) channel (“International Media Company”). Knyajitsky held a position of Director General at TBi (TVi) and was on air with a weekly authorial TV-program “Evening with Mykola Knyazhytsky”.

99%
Media Outlets
Other Media Outlets

Other TV Outlets

Espreso TV (0,3%)

Other Online Outlets

-

Facts

Media Business

Media Business

Production | Films, videos and TV-programs #
Distribution | Films, videos and TV-programs #
TV broadcasting activities (main) | Espreso TV #
Advertising

Business

Business

Production | Films, videos and TV-programs #
Distribution | Films, videos and TV-programs #
TV broadcasting activities (main) | Espreso TV #
Advertising

International Business

General Information

Founding Year

2008

Founder

LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY “ASTRA FINANCE”

Affiliated Interests Founder

Novyny-TV (News-TV) owns 70% of “Astra Finance”, while the other 30% of belong to Larysa Knyajitska (30%), the wife of Mykola Knyajitsky, Member of the Parliament of Ukraine of 7th and 8th convocations (2012-2014 and 2014-2019). Furthermore, 99% of “Novyny-TV” (“News-TV”) belongs to Larysa Knyajitska as well.

Employees

MD

Contact

03087, Kyiv, Adam Mickiewicz str. 10, office 32тел. (044) 242 78 53, (044) 243 46 41espreso.tv

Tax/ ID Number

"0337702"

Financial Information

Revenue (Financial Data/ Optional)

MD

Operating Profit (in Mill. $)

MD

Advertising (in % of total funding)

MD

Management

Executive Board + Interests Executive Board

Director Yermolovich Kateryna Viktorivna is an assistant to Mykola Knyazhytsky, Member of the Parliament

Non-Executive Board + Interests Non-Executive Board

MD

Supervisory Board + Interests Supervisory Board

MD

Other Influential People + Interests Other Influential people

Typusyak Mykola Ivanovych is a director of “Astra finance” LLC and can influence crucially, since this company owns 100% of “Goldberry” LLC. He is also Media Dim’s commercial manager, distribution company.

Further Information

Headlines

Дружині Княжицького належить «Еспрессо ТВ» (The wife of Knyajitsky owns „Espreso TV“) http://forbes.net.ua/ua/news/1414097-druzhini-knyazhickogo-nalezhit-Espreso-tv

Data Publicly Available

ownership data is easily available from other sources, e. g. public registries etc.

2 ♥

Meta Data

In Ukraine politically exposed persons register their holdings in names of their relatives. The situation with Espreso TV is not unusual, since the wife of an MP is a final beneficiary. We could not obtain any financial information. The company did not respond to our request for more information.

Sources

Unified state register of the Ministry of justice of legal entities, individual entrepreneurs and civic formations. Retrieved in August 2016, from https://usr.minjust.gov.ua/

  • Project by
    Institute of Mass Information
  •  
    Reporters without borders
  • Funded by
    BMZ